That is how you spell flown right?
Anyhow we got CHICKENS!
We drove out to east Texas last weekend to trade Michael for Kyra as she was visiting her Aunt in Louisiana. We were going to drive out in a couple week to pick up our new chickens as well but with gas prices as high as they have been we decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, no pun intended.
So we picked up 8 pullets, 4 for the Myers family and 4 for us. Kyra of course got to see them that day but Erick and Lance didn't meet them until the morning. We left them at Aimee's house until we finished our coop. We have been working on it now for almost a month and he finally finished it on Tuesday night.
So here it is!
This week is extremely hot though so I have been freezing water in a 1/2 gallon and gallon milk jug and putting it in the coop with the girls to stay cool.
I haven't got any individual pictures of the girls yet so I will introduce them in my next post.
Anyhow they are doing really well and the kids have been feeding them tons of snacks. Well not today though. Aimee read somewhere that the all day snacking makes them work harder and makes them even hotter. I have a fan on them today as well. It's over 105 here!
OK well I have to run, the mob is calling.
Friday, August 1, 2008
Flown the Coop
Posted by
Andrea Betty
at
4:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The coop looks beautiful! Well done Scott. Now, if onkly you could keep your 2 legged critters out of it...
Post a Comment