Yep it's another year down for me... Last week I turned 34!
Normally we don't do anything special for the grown ups in the house but Scott decided to have a friend of ours bake me a special cake, in the shape of a chicken no less! It totally rocked. The my dear friend Aimee baked me a cake as well! I was doubley blessed with cakes. She made me the ultimate chocolate cake with a chocolate genash(sp?) frosting on top. It looked like a huge cupcake and tasted soooo good. Just the right amount of sweet in it, not too much not too little.
Then I went out to dinner with my girl friends and Erica's DH paid for all of us. We sat out on the patio at Gloria's and had dinner and drinks. The drinks were strong and it only took one to get me tipsy. I had a great time and we all decided we needed to go out like that at least once a month. The weather has been perfect here for patio dining in the evenings lately as well.
Scott and I have also decided we are going to raise some chickens in our backyard(hence the chicken cake) and we are going to be starting on that project as soon as we finish up the kitchen. We don't have that much more to do in the house before we are done.
In the kitchen I am planning on getting new counter tops and painting the cabinetry. Scott is finishing up the trim work and retexturing the walls and we are going to finish painting in there as well. I think in a few more weekends we will be ready to get our chicken coop built. So much to do...:)
And now another year has slipped on past me too.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Another One Bites the Dust
Posted by
Andrea Betty
at
3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Birthdays aren't so bad, and certainly better than the alternative! haha Sounds like you had a bunch of fun without me...darn it!
Our 5 chooks are supplying us with about 6 eggs a day. I am not sure who is laying twice, but won't complain! Are you going to build a coop yourself or try to find one premade? Did I ever show you the craaa....uh, piece of junk coop I fashioned for ours? I didn't think it would fit them all once I had it done, but they have plenty of space in there and they seem to like it. I need to put wheels on one end so it is easier to move!
well you know you are welcome to come and bring your brood and stay with me to have some fun....
Yeah we are gong to build ours ourself... something similar to this I think.
http://www.self-sufficient-life.com/chickentractor2.jpg
Post a Comment