Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Back Yard Adventure

Lately when I go into my back yard I find myself faced with the destruction of the little pathway that Scott built around the side of the house years ago. It is a charming little pathway when the bricks are all in place...
as you can see from the pictures though, they are a MESS!



I am sure you are wondering how something like this can constantly be happening, and let me tell you the kids and I fix it almost daily, but the next day when I finally make my way outback I find the destruction has reappeared.

HERE is the source of that destruction



and I bet you are wondering what he is looking for...

"friends" as he calls them... Lollie Polies


Scott told him the other day that he was going to "decimate the rollie poly population in our back yard soon if he didn't leave his friends alone.
Yesterday I can into my dining area to find about 40 rollie polies piled on my dining room table... sigh, I love toddlerhood exploration!

I had better go, I hear the bricks moving again....

2 comments:

Sherry said...

awwwww a true entomologist! How CUTE is THAT?!

...and the walkway is nice too...even when it's messy. :)

Beth said...

That is such a cute story!!! Lance is adorable. I'm just glad the bugs are at your house and not at mine! LOL!

I love your walkway. It is so charming.