Saturday, April 12, 2008

Getting Busy

Well it took him long enough but FINALLY Scott has taken some time off work to do some work for me...uh I mean US.
This week my dad(recently retired and quite bored) came up from Killeen to help my lovely husband install new laminate flooring into my home. YAY!!!!

The project was bigger than I expected it to be but it's ok because Scott took the whole week off just to work here at home. When I say work I mean they WORKED! But I helped by running back and forth to the store for supplies and things.
Also while in the process of doing all this Scott realized it would just be easier to take all the door trim and base boards up and just replace it all(added expense but they turned out nicely in the end.)
Ok so here are the pictures...
before
Before
During
During
After
After

Before
Before
After
After
After

BeforeBefore
After
After

We still have a lot more work to finish but the progess has been great. I finally feel like there could possibley be a light at the end of this tunnel... WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

It looks B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!! I am so jealous of the wood flooring because I have wanted to get rid of our berber ever since we bought the house 4 years ago. My friend Angie's house ws built the same year as mine and they found hardwood under their carpet and now have a beautiful floor, but ours is plyboard! Wahhhhhhhh!

Tell Scott I think he and your dad did a damn fine job! Wooooot!

aimeemomma said...

Fabulous, fabulous, simply fabulous!!!!!!

Beth said...

WOW, that looks great!!!! I absolutely love it!!! I agree with Sherry, the guys did a damn fine job.